President Dave Festa called the meeting to order at 7:05 p.m.
Minutes from the December 7, 2004 meeting were read and accepted.
|Voice Lessons (Jennifer Redlarczyk)||$-262.00|
|Cash for Winter Concert Banks||$-250.00|
|Spring Break Trip Money||$+1110.00|
|Scholarship (deposit from savings)||$+1000.00|
|Banks from Concessions and Box Office (Winter Concert)||$+550.00|
|Concessions (Winter Concert)||$+129.00|
|Savings Account (Susan Emig Scholarship)|
|Scholarship (transfer to checking)||$-1000.00|
- The digital camera is en route; the recorder has arrived and the cables are on order.
- Scholarship Plaque - Evans in Valparaiso is doing the work. There will be a photo of Susan Emig on the plaque.
- The new tops for 5th and 6th hour arrived in time for the Christmas concert and the girls looked great. The brocade dress straps were fixed.
- Ticket snafu - Not enough tickets were printed. This caused many problems for the box office! We used double tickets, ran out of those, and used Seussical tickets which were not all marked correctly. Many letters were turned in from the people who bought @25 or more ads. This worked very well.
- Security was very much present in the lobby and balcony.
- Branson Trip - THE TRIP IS ON!
- Chaperones - Dave Festa, Debbie Nieman, Janet Cameron
- 18 students attending... cost will be $600.00... we still need a bus
- Discussion took place on how long the trip should be; there is only a $50 difference between 3 nights / 4 days ($524.00) and 4 night / 5 days ($574.00). A lengthy discussion also took place on why more students weren't interested in attending the trip. Dave made the suggestion that, in the future, it may be a good idea for the director and boosters to look into planning a trip only every other year and taking two years to fundraise. Debbie Elser moved that the length of the trip be 4 night / 5 days with two performances. Diane Gedda seconded; unanimous approval.
- Discussion was held about tickets vs. hand stamping. Mrs. Graves moved that we hand-stamp for the March concert. Janet Cameron seconded; unanimous approval.
- Debbie Nieman moved that the proceeds from box office and concseeions for the March concert go to the scholarship fund. Debbie Elser seconded; unanimous approval.
- ISSMA - Mr. Emig said that performance times will be available the week prior to February 5th.
- Mrs. Graves asked if the risers could be carpeted to cut down on the stomping. This is not possible with the students dancing on them.
- The "flaming wreath" was a hit and stayed up through the concert! Thank you to Debbie Nieman.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:45 p.m.